- AVON GROVE CHARTER SCHOOL
Summer Information Letter from Administration
Dear Avon Grove Charter School Families,
Thank you does not seem sufficient for your unwavering support, collaboration, and cooperation during the state mandated school closure. These uncharted waters were not always easy to navigate but the focus remained on keeping our families feeling safe, loved, informed, engaged, and learning. School communication will continue to be essential during these summer months. Email, social media platforms and the new website will be updated to keep you informed of the ever-changing COVID-19 Pandemic regulations. As always, we will be transparent and share information as we make decisions based on the continuous guidance through the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the Chester County Health Department. We expect all of our planning to evolve and adapt over time. The Administrative Team is currently analyzing the information and guidance. The feedback you shared from the survey data is important and valuable as we develop plans that take the needs and concerns of our families into consideration. Our students' safety, well-being, and learning are always foremost in our minds when developing our plans. Moving into the Yellow Phase in PA brings us more flexibility, but it is not without careful planning and specific actions needed by all to keep us operating safely.
- AGCS Offices are Open: Office staff will be answering phones Monday-Friday 8:00am - 2:00pm. Visitors to either campus must schedule an appointment through the Main Office.
Early Learning Center Main Office - 610-255-5325
State Road Main Office - 484-667-5000
When you arrive for an appointment, the following safety measures will be in place and apply to all employees and visitors.
- Masks must be worn in when entering any building, in hallways & common areas.
- Meetings will be limited to small groups of people, and six feet of social distancing should be observed.
- Custodians are conducting daily cleaning and sanitizing.
- School nurses will be on site at both campuses for limited hours to take daily temperatures and conduct a health screening.
- Health & Safety Plan: The first step in this process of opening school for the 20/21 school year is the preparation of a “Health and Safety Plan” that is in keeping with the guidelines set forth by the Commonwealth and the Chester County Health Department. We are also in collaboration with our authorizing school district, Avon Grove. When completed, this plan will be approved by the AGCS Board of Trustees and then submitted to the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The final document will be shared with you and will be able to be found on our website.
- Communication Updates: Communication updates will be emailed, found on our social media platforms, and appear within a section of our new website that will be implemented this summer, entitled, “Preparing for 2020-2021”.
- Online Registration: Online registration is fully open! Families with new K-12 students should complete our online registration form. Please visit our Enrollments webpage for more information.
- Summer Work: Grade level summer work and activities:
- Grab and Go Meals: Breakfast & Lunch will continue through the summer months. Monday & Wednesday, 11:00am-12:00pm at the State Road campus.
Donated nonperishable food items are still welcome to support families in need.
- Extended Summer Year (ESY): Information has been sent to all participating families and will continue to be provided in a virtual format.
We will dedicate ourselves, as we always have, to providing exceptional educational programming to our students as we move, Forward Together.
Enjoy your summer and stay healthy,
AGCS Administrative Team