The AGCS 1:1 Chromebook Program
Avon Grove Charter School is committed to preparing students to be successful citizens in a globalized and technical world. By putting a computer in the hands of every student, learning can become flexible and personalized for staff and students through connected integration of technology in the learning process.
7th-12th grade students use their Chromebooks during the school day and can take them home daily. They're also welcome to keep them through summer break. 5th-6th grade students carry their Chromebooks during the school day and leave them at school overnight. K-4th grade students have access to Chromebooks and/or tablets in their classrooms
Technology Initiative Goals
Our 1:1 technology program’s goals and objectives are aimed at expanding learning opportunities for our students and developing responsible digital citizens. This initiative integrates technology in the classroom to:
- Increase and provide equal access to technology
- Promote student engagement and an enthusiasm for learning
- Provide 24/7 access to digital content to promote learning
- Encourage a customized learning approach
- Encourage communication and collaboration among students, teachers, and parents
- Provide students opportunities to connect to their learning in a meaningful and purposeful way
- Differentiate and individualize learning
- Establish a sense of ownership and responsibility
- Reduce the use of printed textbooks, workbooks, worksheets, and paper copies
- Nurture a sense of digital responsibility and citizenship
- Prepare students for postsecondary success
5th-12th Grade Families
To help us track and provide IT support for your child's Chromebook, we require that all parents:
- Watch our informational videos and slides on this webpage
- Review the AGCS 1:1 Handbook
- Review the AGCS Acceptable Use Policy
- Complete the Parent Acknowldegement and Permissions Form, which includes making your fee structure elections
Review of the above information and completion of all of the required forms is necessary in order for students to be issued devices.
To request payment options, prorated reductions, and/or waivers, please complete the Technology Fee Financial Hardship Form . Each request will be reviewed and handled with the utmost confidentiality and care. Specific provisions and accommodations will be made on a case by case basis.
AGCS Equitable Access Initiative
As Avon Grove Charter School continues to grow and implement 21st century, digital learning initiatives within its buildings and classes, we recognize the need to help support families who may not have access to affordable, high speed internet in their homes. We would like to act as a gateway for families who may not have access at home. Please complete the Equitable Access Form if you need assistance in establishing an internet connection at home. A representative from the school will then contact you to discuss how the school may be able to help in connecting you with affordable internet options to support your child's learning at home. Rest assured, we will review and handle your information with the utmost confidentiality and care.
We're working on an expanded Q&A Help Document, based on parent and student questions, and will be posting it on this page. If you have a specific question that is not addressed in the 1:1 Program Handbook or during the overview sessions/recording, let us know by completing the Parent/Student Questions Form.