Senior Privilege Program
Avon Grove Charter School is pleased to extend to qualifying seniors a late arrival/early release program option. The senior privilege program offers students who have a study hall during the first or last period of the day to arrive late or be dismissed early from campus. Students must complete the Senior Privilege Application Form and submit the Senior Privilege Agreement & Permission Form after their schedule has been released for the academic year.
Students applying for senior privilege must meet all of the following criteria, which will be verified at the submission of this application:
- Grade Point Average Requirement: A student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or greater at the time of the application. Students must then maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 throughout the year. Failure to maintain this basic academic standing will result in the loss of senior privileges until the requirement is met. Students may then be added to academic classes or study hall periods based on the administration's discretion.
- Availability of Schedule: Students applying for senior privilege must have open availability in their schedule and be free of all obligations. Students may not drop core classes or request alternative options (i.e. online languages) to free periods for senior privilege.
- Available Transportation: Students are responsible for their own transportation. Students must also apply for parking if requesting senior privilege and provide their own transportation. Students will lose this privilege and, if applicable, their parking privilege if found helping other students to leave school property without proper permission.
- Parent/Guardian Permission: Once the initial application has been reviewed, parents/legal guardians will be required to sign an agreement/permission form for senior privilege. The parent/guardian may withdraw this permission at any time.
- Satisfactory Attendance Record: Students are permitted no more than a combined five (5) unexcused absences/tardy to school within a marking period in order to maintain their senior privileges. Students who accumulate five (5) unexcused absences will have their privileges revoked and will be asked to use the time to make up missing work. Senior privileges will not be reinstated until the following marking period.
- Seniors eligible for senior privilege (late arrival) must arrive at school and sign in with the greeter’s desk by 8:55 a.m. Arriving after 8:55 a.m., without a valid reason, will result in an unexcused tardy.
- Seniors eligible for senior privilege (early release) must leave school promptly at either the beginning or end of High School Lunch (depending on clubs and activities).
- Students will not disturb classes that are in session in their entrance or exit of the building.
- Students drivers will be picked up at the AGLL lot at their designated pick up time and enter the school through the main doors.
- Any student who leaves school with another student who does not have permission to either leave or ride in the vehicle will have their privileges revoked.
- Disciplinary infractions during the normal school day may result in the loss of privileges.
To apply for Senior Privileges please complete the Senior Privileges Application Form.