Ms. Jennifer Azzara
Guidance Counselor K-3rd Grade
Hello AGCS family and community!
Thank you for taking the time to visit the ELC School Counseling page. My name is Jen Azzara and I’m the K-3 counselor for AGCS. My role is to support students and their families in the areas of social, emotional and academic growth. I do this in a variety of ways, including: small group counseling, individual counseling, classroom lessons and school wide events.
Some of the topics I work with students on are…
- Developing and improving social skills
- How to handle emotions in healthy ways
- Coping skills for life changes (divorce, changes in friendships, loss of loved one, moving, etc.)
- Identifying career interests
- Building academic and study skills
- Overcoming challenges
One of the ways I help students learn new skills is through books. Below is a list of a few of my favorite books for K-3 students.
- Today I Feel Silly & Other Moods That Make My Day by Jamie Lee Curtis
- Enemy Pie by Derek Munson
- Don’t Be Afraid to Drop by Juila Cook
- One by Katheryn Otoshi
- Trouble Talk by Trudy Ludwig
- A Bad Case of Tattle Tongue by Juila Cook
- The Invisible Boy by Tudy Ludwig
- The Colors of Us by Karen Katz
Please remember that a school counselor is not a substitute for counseling outside of school and that my role focuses on ways to assist students in achieving their goals in the school setting. If you feel your child could benefit from outside counseling services, I am happy to give you resources to follow up with.
If you would like more information about school counseling services or have questions, please reach out to me. I am always happy to assist students and families in any way I can.