Dual Enrollment Programs
Avon Grove Charter School has concurrent (dual) enrollment agreements with three post-secondary institutions: Delaware County Community College, West Chester University, and Immaculata University.
These agreements allow a sophomore, junior or senior (subject to specific eligibility requirements from each college/university) to enroll in a specified course at one of these schools and, provided the student is accepted, earn one AGCS credit and three or more college credits simultaneously. Accepted students will have all tuition and fees paid for by Avon Grove Charter School. However, students must provide their own transportation. Students interested in this option should discuss details with their counselors when scheduling courses for the following year.
Benefits of Dual Enrollment
- Allows students to get an idea of what college coursework will be like
- Exposes them to the academic environment of college
- Allows them to take courses not offered at AGCS
- Can help students explore and get a better idea of their academic interests
- Students can accumulate college credit at a reduced price while in high school