Transportation To and From School
As a public charter school, our students come from many surrounding districts; those within an established distance provide transportation to AGCS. Currently, these districts are: Avon Grove, Coatesville, Kennett, Octorara, Oxford, and Unionville/Chadds Ford. All students are strongly encouraged to ride the available district buses, as this reduces traffic in our parking lots and roads surrounding our schools an provides a safer environment for our students.
Parents/Guardians of students living in districts that provide buses to AGCS are required to complete a transportation form each year by the deadline provided. If you do not complete the appropriate transportation form by the deadline, your home district may not provide transportation to and from school for your child.
All families who desire district transportation must print, complete, sign, and return their home district's form to AGCS by June 1, 2021. We will collect, organize and then transfer these forms to your home school district for you.
To return the forms you can:
1.) Scan and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.) Mail to: 110 East State Road, West Grove, PA 19390
3.) Fax to: 610-869-5892
New students, please complete the transportation form you received in your enrollment paperwork and submit it to the admissions department.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Lori Predmore at email@example.com or 484-667-5000 and leave a voicemail related to the issue.
Car Line Transportation
State Road Campus
Morning drop-off: 7:20am to 7:33am
Afternoon pick-up: 2:15pm to 2:30pm
Early Learning Center
Morning drop-off: 8:05am to 8:20am
Afternoon pick-up: 2:45pm to 3:15pm
What if we're late?
If you miss the carline drop-off time, a parent/guardian must bring students to the main entrance to sign them in. At that time, our attendance staff will determine whether or not the lateness is excused or unexcused. If you drop your student off unaccompanied, it will be considered unexcused tardiness.
If you miss the carline pick-up window, your child will be brought to the main office. A parent or guardian must come to the office to sign your child out.
In either case, excessive lateness will be addressed by school administration.
How you can help make carline a pleasant experience for everyone
- Make sure your child is ready to get out of your car - coat, hat, and backpack ready; hugs and kisses before the drop-off spot.
- Let your child out in the designated area only.
- Pull forward - there's no need to leave a car’s length of empty space in between your car and the vehicle in front of you.
- Don’t park in carline and get out of your vehicle - if your child needs help, carline assistants will direct you to a parking spot.
- Pay attention and stay off your phone, for the safety of our students.
- Practice patience - we all have an off-day now and again, so stay calm when things don't go smoothly.
Inclement Weather Transportation
There are times throughout the year in which weather may make it necessary to delay the start of school, dismiss early, or close for the day. It's important to pay close attention to school delay, dismissal, and closing information for both AGCS and your home school district.
Please familiarize yourself with the AGCS Weather Closing, Delay and Early Dismiss Procedures before the school year begins, so you're prepared.
If weather conditions cause school to be delayed, dismiss early, or close, notice and additional information will be communicated to families via the website, SchoolMessenger (email/phone), Schoology, and the local news networks. To update your personal contact information used to receive these notifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our school code number is 870
• WCOJ (1420AM) – by school name
• WKYW (1060AM) – by school code
• WJBR (99.5FM) – by school name
• WSTW (93.7FM) – by school name
• WDEL (1150AM) – by school name or code
• WNRK (1260AM) – by school name or code
• Channel 3 (CBS)
• Channel 6 (ABC)
• Channel 10 (ABC)
• Channel 29(FOX)